Please follow these tips on how to figure out if an email is a phishing email or not.
1. Don’t open emails from someone you don’t know or trust. If it seems fishy, it probably is. Report the message or forward the original email to your support team to be blocked. Same applies to texts.
2. Never open an attachment within an email from a company or person you don’t know (or that you were not expecting). Even if M6iT does scan for Virus and scans your email links (if applicable to your company), attachments may contain viruses, which can seriously damage your computer/Network. Report the message or forward the original email to your support team to be blocked. Same applies to texts.
3. Never reply to or click on links inside spam emails. Replying to, or clicking on links within, or even unsubscribing from spam emails typically only informs the sender that they have found an active email address to which they’ll send more spam emails. Instead, report the message or forward the original email to your support team to be blocked. Same applies to texts.
4. Remember that M6iT has customized your Office 365 portal. Once you enter your email, It MUST load your company logo and images. If the logo does not load and instead you see a Microsoft image, do not login. Review the URL address, it may be a rogue website.
5. Avoid sending any sensitive information over email (i.e. Bank Wire information). When you send a message, you no longer have control over what is done with it or to whom it is forwarded. Common email scams employ email messages and even websites that look official but are in fact attempts to steal your identity to commit fraud. This is the activity commonly known as phishing. Sensitive information such as passwords, bank account numbers and social security numbers should never be sent via email.
6. Have the slightest doubt, do not risk it. The best way to prevent phishing is to consistently reject any email that asks you to provide or access confidential data.
Useful links to better educate yourself about internet security: https://m6it.com/how-to-surf-the-internet-safely/ https://m6it.com/how-to-stop-phishing-attacks/https://m6it.com/ransomware-awarness/
As recession is settling in the post-Covid world, more and more companies are losing ground with techonology due to repetitive tasks, security and increased overhead cost.
Anchored on the values of commitment and partnership, M6iT has been an industry game-changer that serves as an inspiration for many businesses for its track record of helping clients minimize their monthly Technology costs and stay afloat at the height of the deadly pandemic.
A significant force behind innovation and technological breakthroughs is the IT space.